Friday, May 1, 2009

Hello, friends and family! Happy May Day! Maura here with an update.

This week has been a long one! My beloved Grandma, Mary Williams, was hospitalized early Monday morning for heart issues. I went up as soon as I could make it, and spend hours upon hours there talking to the doctors, taking notes, watching Dr. Phil, and beating my Aunt Kathy at Gin Rummy. :) Grandma was released late Wednesday, and we are all happy to see her home again. She has to get a test done in Saint Cloud, MN (about a 3.5 hour drive from Grand Forks) to see if there is a blockage in her heart. If there is, they will take care of that here in Grand Forks. If there is not, then they will consider the possibility of a pacemaker. Keep her in your prayers, please!

The pregnancy is going very well. I can feel the baby move on a daily basis now. The Ferglet is the most active at night when I lie down, and after I have anything sugary, like candy or cookies. It also was very wiggly the other night when I was watching "A Celebration of Sondheim at Carnegie Hall", which tells me that our baby will have impeccable musical taste. :) The wiggles don't feel like flutters anymore, it feels more like there is a tiny person wiggling around inside me! :) I wouldn't say the baby has kicked yet, it just wiggles and adjusts, from what I can feel. My latest food obsession is cherry pie. YUMMMM! I'm afraid they will soon know me by name at the Village Inn because I have been in so frequently lately for a piece of warm cherry pie with ice cream on top. It is so good. I think when I'm done with this post I'll go have a piece. :)

We are counting down to Tuesday, May 12th- the day we get our first ultrasound! When I was in the hospital with my Grandma, a technician came in to give her an ultrasound of her heart, and I asked her if she would just really quick give me one to see the sex of the baby. She said no. I tried really hard, though. :)

Do you think The Ferglet is a boy or a girl?? Comment and let us know! :) Love to you all!

2 comments:

  1. I still think it'll be a wee boy but it's a 50/50 chance and we won't have long to wait, so we'll see how it turns out...heh Irrespective, as long as the wee soul's healthy, that's all that counts. I'm sure he/she will enjoy the cherry "pah", so keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man! Colin said exactly what I was going to say, except that I don't use the word "wee." :)

    I am thinking a boy, too... just based on what you have said and what I've heard from Dad and Lacey. But... you never know (and I am not usually good at guessing these things!)

    I can't wait to find out on Tuesday, though, whether I'll have a new nephew or niece. Whatever it is, I just hope it will be healthy! And... whatever it is... I will spoil it rotten, so no worries there!

    Hope you are doing well... thank you for making me crave cherry pie. Mmmm... cherry pie.

    Love,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete